Sunday, July 26, 2009

A good place to study?

OK, this is off topic but not really, as I'm a student and what's more important than a coffee shop with free WIFI and good vittles? I live in Santa Cruz and my favorite coffee shop the Coffee Cat in Scotts Valley, has pulled the plug on its internet service a couple of weeks ago. The owner claims (as cited in a company wide email) that he wants to take the company in a different direction including putting in a sandwich bar and improving the quality of the food and maybe having live music. Although I wish him well, I know that I won't be going back as much. Doing a research paper is nigh on impossible without WIFI these days. However, in this neighborhood there aren't many options, something I think the Coffee Cat is counting on. I found out if you have Starbuck gift card, and it was puchased or refreshed in the last 30 days, you can get 2 hours of free WIFI per day, better than nothing, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment