Wednesday, August 5, 2009

California school nurse certificate

I just got a hired as a School Nurse! Great, I have a job in my chosen field.

But this is just the beginning. For you see, I'm not a school nurse, not until I meet certain qualifications. A Certified School Nurse is a credential, like a teaching credential. I'm sure you all had friends who took the CBEST and taught for up to 5 years on what was called an emergency credential. This is similar, I've applied for a temporary-temporary credential through the County Office of Education which, if you meet the minimum qualifications, you can get right there . It's good for 1 year while the state processes a background check. Once done your temporary credential will be issued to you good for 5 years while you are in a School Nurse credential program. Since there aren't in a 100 mile radius, I found one online at Fresno State which I can apply to next March. In the meantime, I'm taking the classes I need to get a Public Health Nurse License at a local college. Y'all know I'm no slacker, I've already ordered 4 school nursing textbooks and started reviewing my pediatric notes from Semester 2.

What's next?
Public Health Nurse Certificate for ADNs

No comments:

Post a Comment